The folks at the top of each list aren't expected to be experts. They are the "Go-to" people... the people that know the people that know stuff.
Areas of interest: Arranging when/where/with who performances
- Go-to: Lee
Areas of interest: High-level control, interactivity (not choreography software development)
- Go-to: Lemuel
- Members: Lee
Areas of interest: The Mother Ship, transportation issues, battery logistics
- Go-to: James
- Members Ray, Cheryl Fralick (email@example.com) "I have a few bikes I could donate to the cause", Michelle Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org), lisa?
Rbca (though she’s really busy now), Amy (though often busy), Charlotte, Matt, Lisa
Mechanics (consolidated from Shell, Drive Motor and Steering Motor)
Areas of interest: Shell, mechanics, internal structure, drive motor, steering motor
Boundary: Playa, speed controller,
- Go-to: Mike
- Shell fabrication: charlie
- Members: ray, chris
Areas of interest: H-bridge motor drivers, microcontrol of same, motor feedback loops, electronic motor sensing including encoders, limit switches, current sensing.
Boundary: 24v at speed controller, 5v at electronics, chassis
- Go-to: Pete
- Members: Jonathan Foote
Areas of interest: batteries, ballast, power distribution harness, voltage regulation to multiple systems
Boundary: the mass and shape of the batteries, electric power delivered to each system
- Go-To: Lee
- Members: Mark (knows voltage conversion chips very well)
Processing Platform/SPU (Swarm Processing Unit) (was BRAIN)
Areas of interest: ARM linux board, intermodule communication, location estimation
- Members: Jonathan, Tad? Matt?
Areas of interest: Navigation, GPS, sensors, IMU. Should this be part of BRAIN?
- Members: Rick Lellinger (GPS)
Areas of interest: Inter-orb Zigbee RF coms, intercommunication & control protocol, status dashboard
Boundary: serial between BRAIN and RF link; antenna; software to abstract it and present a "service".
- Go-to: Tad
Areas of interest: amplified sound, chimes, servo sound reinforcement
Boundary: may include own uP, or may receive simple enable and/or trigger signals from an existing uP
Areas of interest: LED illumination, control of same
- Go to: Rick Lellinger
- Members: Jonathan, Mark?, Ray, Chris
High-level control of swarm from Mothership, Telemetry dashboard.
- Members: Simran, Trebor, Eric, Jonathan
- Areas of Interest: Kalman filtering, designing the choreography tool and simulating the orbs
- Members: Jon, Drago?, Tad