Virgin Festival Toronto
The festival takes place on Toronto Island! Toronto Islands
Niladri is the point of contact.
- Melissa - definite. I would like to be a definite but understand if someone more qualified should go over me. I actually have two current passports (haha!) and have zero problems with sharing a room with one or more people. I'd just like a couch or part of a bed to sleep on.
- Dawn - Definite. Not going to Burning Man so they'll be fresh and ready to go :) - , have passport, share w/Rick.
- Rick - Definite. Not going to Burning Man so they'll be fresh and ready to go :) - , have passport, share w/Dawn.
- Niladri - Definite
- Marnia - Definite
- Lee - Definite depending on budget and crewing
- Dillo - maybe. He won't know till 8-15-08 or so. He knows this might mess up flight plans and make it not possible. We'll see how this works out.
- Firm up participants, get them airfare and lodging on Canada Jazz. Passports.
- Reserve transit out (air) and back (ground) for orbs
- Figure out Canadian work permit situation - Apparently don't need one: 
- Figure out taxes
- Figure out performance insurance
Monday Sept 1
- Pack 4 orbs (+1 spare?), fence, repair equipment ready to show in Toronto
- include excellent documentation & photos for customs to minimize delays
Tuesday Sept 2
- Send shipment to Toronto via air shipment
Wednesday Sept 3
- Orbs dream of flight
Thursday Sept 4
- Receive orbs at the Virgin Show in Toronto.
- unpack, wash and test orbs.
- Wash: de-shell, pressure wash and re-shell orbs?
Friday Sept 5
- Set up performance space
- test orbs
Saturday Sept 6
- 6 30 minute performances
Sunday Sept 7
- 6 30 minute performances
Monday Sept 8
- Pack orbs, submit shipment to UPS Ground
UPS Guide to Shipping Hazardous Materials: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/hazardous/index.html?WT.svl=SubNav
Example of air shippable SLA battery (necessary declarations as PDF's at bottom of page): http://www.atbatt.com/product/3596.asp
- 4 orbs
- all the fence poles
- fence pounder
- 360' bailing wire (enough for 2 strings surrounding a 30' radius performance area)
- 180' pink rope
- plastic marking tape
- Tool box
- 4 orb chargers
- Spares - a couple of those plastic shoeboxes
- 4 Remotes
- 16 AA rechargables
- 2 8-battery chargers
$2 million liability is in place. Costs $1796.88 for 6 events/year starting 8-22-08. Via Charlee Gallagher.
future additional insureds = $100
terrorism risk insurance act (TRIA) = $70
$40,000 property insurance is in place via Lee's tenants insurance. This only gives 10% coverage while traveling :-( $45.70/month, includes earthquake insurance for $4/month. I'm looking into getting better insurance
Requirements from our Host
- A regular 110 volt power drop capable of 10 amps.
- Fencing -