Money Stuff

Revision as of 13:01, 18 April 2007 by Lee (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Buying stuff

It's possible that Pouneh or Stephano might be of help as purchasing agents.

If you want to be reimbursed for an expense, you should fill out the reimbursement form and give it to Lee: File:Reimbursement Request Form for SWARM 4-5-07.pdf

Lee also has a debit card that we can use for large expenses.

Here are our accounts as of 4-7-07: File:SWARM Accounts 4-7-07.xls

Receiving Donations

We can receive donations a bunch of ways. Lee is the contact person.

  • Paypal (several methods)
    • Send a donation to ""
    • At the bottom of the SWARM homepage ( there is a Paypal link to donate to Swarm.
    • You can send people this short URL so they can donate:
  • Cash - cash is always nice!
  • Check under $100 (not tax deductible) - write a check payable to "Lee Sonko".
  • Check over $100 (tax deductible) - Write a check for at least $100 payable to "Somarts". Make sure to get their postal address and either email or phone number. In 1-4 months, Somarts will mail them a fully tax deducible receipt.
Somarts takes a 10% commission but tax deductible receipts sometimes can get you larger donations. (it is better in the $500 and up range) It will take 1-4 months for Somarts to process it, give us a check and mail a receipt. Give the check to Lee, who will then give it to Charlie, who will give it to Somarts...

If someone wants a receipt, Get out 2 pieces of paper and...
The receipt should have:

Another receipt for Lee. It should have:

  • name of donor
  • amount of donation
  • their contact info. email and phone are good enough