Meeting Minutes 2009.01.27
The main question we addressed at the meeting was "How do we proceed?"
- Next week: propulsion system
- Get something to drive around the shop
- One complete unit to test at burning man
- Best to have abstraction for hardware.
- Porting stuff to a different platform should be easy
- It would be nice to have something that can run python on
- Possibly non-welded frame.
- Stay with easily obtainable still in production parts
- Wheels need speed feedback mechanism - considering many options
Discussion focused around motor controllers, motors/actuators, and wheels.
- "Can we reuse spu?"
- considering different boards, such as the beagle board.
- Various small actuators to consider
- van window openers
- windshield wipers
- Many of us have stray stuff sitting around to bring in and tinker
Jon pointed out that for $90, you can buy a whole electric scooter with motors, controllers and all sorts of parts.