Licensing Intention Statement
We want you to be able to use and build upon SWARM's efforts as freely as possible. The parts that make up SWARM were built by many different people with different ideas about how they should release their efforts to the world. Some of these parts were built by people that never even heard of this project. This is the way of "open source".
The gist of our licensing is that if you use some of our project in your own, you should tell your audience that you did so. The best way to do that is to include a statement like the following in your work: "portions based on SWARM, http://orbswarm.com".
We'd love to hear about your project. Maybe we could add your efforts to our own, or maybe we could work your project. We know this stuff pretty well. We'd love to hear from you at info /at/ orbswarm /dot/ com.
Licensing Statement: May 1, 2009
- Portions of the software are licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991(GPLv2). Such source code is noted as such. Based on this license.
- Portions of the software are licensed under the terms of the MIT License. Such source code is noted as such. Based on this license.
- The portions of the project that are not explicitly covered by another license are licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991(GPLv2) license or Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License, as appropriate. This includes but is not limited to software, schematics, printed circuit boards, designs, CAD files, photographs, the wiki, the blog, etc. Based on this license.
- The work of guest performers or artists are not automatically subject to the licenses mentioned previously. Such matters are negotiated on an individual basis. For example, if a guest performer adds sound clips to the orbs for a particular performance, licensing is arranged separately. Contact SWARM for more information.
- The SWARM logos (), , the names "SWARM", "Orb SWARM", "The SWARM Project", "The SWARM Art Project", and "Orbswarm.com" are trademarked.
- Attribution should read as such: Portions based on SWARM, http://orbswarm.com