Head Royce School
Presenting SWARM at the Head Royce School in Oakland.
- Lee (present but can't be on stage presenting, babysitting for Binka's baby
2-3 orbs. Maybe a disassembled orb?
Contact is Michelle Hlubinka at Maker Media
The way they propose the assemblies are as follows: "You might talk about Maker Faire, show a video of interesting exhibits/inventions, then show off a few exciting/stimulating inventions that you brought along."
The schedule would be:
- 8:45am arrival for setup if in 1st assembly
- 9:25-10:20 AM assembly for the Middle School (grades 6-8) -- assembly is about 45 minutes long, plus some meet & greet afterwards
- 9:50am arrival for setup if in 2nd assembly
- 10:30-11:20 AM assembly for Upper Schoolers (grades 9-12) -- assembly is about 45 minutes long, plus some meet & greet afterwards
- 11:20am-12:20pm Stay for meet and greet with K-5 students (optional / yet to be confirmed)
The school is a private one and so they have offered to compensate us for our time. For each assembly we can pay a Maker $40, and $80 to present to both. We usually do these kinds of events as volunteer community outreach and don't always get the chance to pay Makers for their time, so it's kind that Head Royce has made funds available.