The Box Shop
415-642-SHOP(7467) (note that people might not hear the phone ring)
The entrance is at:
951 Hudson Ave
San Francisco, CA 94124
Google Maps location: http://tinyurl.com/2jarn7
The mailing address is: 10 Hunters Point Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94124
Directions by bus - Note that the Box Shop is in a bad neighborhood. At night, consider leaving for home with a friend.
- Take the 19-Polk bus (which ends at Hunters Point).
- Get off at "Hunters Point".
- Here's more detailed directions: The bus goes on Evans Ave, stops at "Keith", stops at "Middle Point", turns right onto Middle Point Road, goes up a steep hill stopping at "Innes", goes down the hill and stops at "Hunters Point". Get off there.
- You'll see art and shipping containers popping up above the fence across the street from the stop. Walk around the fence to the left and enter the yard.
Directions by car
- From 101 north or south: take the Cesar Chavez exit and follow signs to Cesar Chavez Street East.
- Go 1/4 mile on Cesar Chavez east to the Evans Ave traffic light.
- Turn right/south onto Evans Ave at the traffic light. Check your odometer, you are now 1.6 miles from the Box Shop.
- On Evans Ave, you'll pass a power plant, then the road curves to the right, then you'll pass the India Basin Shoreline Park.
- Immediately after India Basin Shoreline Park and before a fork in the road, turn left onto Hudson Ave, a gravel/dirt road. At the intersection there is a large hand-painted sign high up on a shipping container that reads "The Box Shop". This sign is sometimes hidden behind trucks parked in front of it.
- On Hudson Ave, the Box Shop is the first yard on the right.
- Consider diagonal parking on Hudson Ave or back out and park in front of the church across the street.