Big To Do List
Updated for pre-decompression Jtfoote 19:02, 5 October 2007 (MST)
See Orb Maintenance page
Dust and clean
clean and lube chain and sprockets
Repair/replace broken kill dongles and "fakey" connectors
clean shells: pressure wash after removing bearings
Grease zerk bearings with grease gun
Upgrade all chassis to standard (install dome, fix LED power wiring)
Check integrity of Illuminator mounts on agg. lids and replace if necessary (62 is worst, others OK)
- Bead-blast/anodize shells?
- Deburr inside of large holes near hubs. So we can stick our skinny arms through without scraping them.
- Install gaskets on aggregator lids
- Check all power studs are tight and have lock nuts.
- ensure all LED/Sound connections have strain reliefs.
- Collect tools and parts for Magic Box
fabricate replacement H-bridges and test/install
- Build and test dedicated Zigbee remotes
- Install IMUs on all orbs
- Document everything on Wiki
Finish LED AVR firmware and reflash all LED modules
- Refactor daughterboard AVR code
- Add software steer zero calibrate
- harmonize data structs and getter calls
- Reflash all modules
- Debug sound module and reflash
- Rebuild mechanically unsound modules
- Document communication protocols & architecture in Wiki
- Experiment with IMU tilt sensor steering feedback
- Enhance mothernode software (variable max speed, command-line settings, autorun)
- Mothernode software for stand performances (fixed-location).
Makefile maintenance (can we test/run spu code without a spu?)
New SPU parser using Lemon machine-generated code
- Battery status monitor -- flash LEDs on low battery?
- Look at shared memory process communication
See SWARM Publicity page
- press kit
- professional management?
Thank You Packs
- Update web site to be less BM-centric
- Update Wiki (parts are really stale)
- MySpace page -- music from Simran?
- Videos to YouTube
- Update SWARM tribe on tribe.com
- fund raising opportunities
fix dead spu with external 3.3v supply
Box/platform for remote controls/ mothernode mouse/keyboard
- Install downward reflectors on LED pods
- Install two more LED pods per orb to light up entire orb
Tidy and vacate Swarm Dorm
- find/make "Orb Socks:" waterproof covers to go inside crates (Giant leaf trash bags? Rain ponchos? Custom-sewn tarps?)
- Return SPU with misbehaving flash mem;
- Install drive encoders
- Install aggregator/GPS
- Benchmark GPS modules
- Benchmark GPS base stations
- develop and document interface
Software and Control
- Matlab/Octave Model
- Estimator design
- feedback control design
- Choreography Design Interface
- Upgrade SPUs to 2.6 kernel? (Now supported by TS)
- Identify Choreographers
- Think about communicating choreography without hardware
- Interactivity beyond remote controls. Wand? Sensors?